This in-depth fall protection training provides you with an understanding of:
- The hazards posed by falls.
- Calculating fall forces.
- Methods of fall protection.
- Designing and implementing a fall arrest program.
- Selecting, inspecting and maintaining fall arrest equipment.
- Training workers.
- Emergency procedures.
Course materials include a complete student manual, along with checklists and forms that are essential for any comprehensive fall arrest program.
Students successfully completing the program will receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units.
Introduction to Fall Protection
- Fall Basics
- NIOSH Recommendations
- Fall Protection Standards
- History of Fall Protection Equipment
- History of Fall Protection Standards
- Qualified and Competent Persons
- Classes of Fall Protection
- Levels of Fall Protection
Physics of a Fall
- Basic Terminology
- Fall Calculations
Conventional Methods of Fall Protection
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Safety Nets
Other Methods of Fall Protection
- Fall Restraint Systems
- Positioning Device Systems
- Roof Brackets and Slide Guards
- Warning Line Systems
- Controlled Access Zones (CAZ)
- Safety Monitoring Systems
- Fall Protection Plans
Fall Hazard Assessments
Communication and Training
- Competent Person
- Communication Processes