COVID Update: All in-person trainings will follow state, local, and CDC guidelines. D2000's COVID Protocols can be found here.
"Eliminating worker exposure" means the competent person has the authority to stop work operations until the hazard is abated.
The skills required to effectively serve as a competent person depends on the nature of the excavation and the requirements of the employer's excavation safety program.
At a minimum, most competent persons must have an understanding of:
- Basic excavation and soils terminology.
- Signs and causes of cave-ins.
- Basic soil mechanics and soil classification.
- Protective systems (sloping, shoring, shielding).
- De-watering systems and requirements.
- Hazardous atmospheres: testing and ventilation.
- Safety planning.
- Conducting inspections.
- This is a two-day course that meets a variety of strict government safety requirements.
10% Three or more from the same location
25% Professional Firefighters
33% Volunteer Firefighters
Call (800) 551-8763 to receive discount.
To register by fax, mail, or print our course schedule - Click Here.